GATE – Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering -It is a national level examination which gets conducted each year. The main reason of conducting this examination is to test the aptitude and subject knowledge of the applicant and on the basis of that; they get admission in Engineering PG programmes.
Each year GATE gets conducted successfully at various examination centers and as like every year, this year also the examination will be conducted soon. As per year, the notification of GATE 2017 will be released in August 2016. So all the interested candidates can check out the eligibility criteria in order to apply for it. The GATE is conducted by IIT’s and IISc. Generally examination held conducted from last week of January- February . Numbers of candidates appear for this examination every year. If you are going to apply for GATE 2017, than given details may be helpful for you.
1) Candidate must have completed B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch/BPharmfrom a recognized university.
2) Candidate who have completedmaster’s degree from a recognized university.
3) Candidates who have done B.Sc research/B.S post diploma after 12th can also apply for it.
4) Candidate must havecompleted integrated M.Sc or five year integrated B.S. – M.S program from a recognized university.
5) Candidates who have done with their qualify examination, all of them they need to submit the degree certificate.
6) Candidate must have completed integrated M.E/M.Tech after B.Sc can also apply for it.
Candidates can apply for it via online mode only.
Candidates can visit the official site of IISc or IIT’s.
From there you have to fill the application form by filling the complete details accurately.
After it, upload their category certificate, signatures, photographs and all the mandatory details.
Lastly submit the application form.
How to Apply
Go to the official site of any of IITs. Apply for it from there only (after release of official notice for GATE 2017). Fill the basic details and after that upload the scanned photograph, signature and other mandatory details. After this section, you need to clear the payment section which you can do via net banking, credit/debit card, e-challan. Lastly check the status of application.
1) This test is a Computer Based Test which will be having total 22 papers.
2) From filling the application form to paying the fee, the entire process of GATE 2017 will be done via online mode only.
3) The payment must be done via online mode however the selection of payment mode could depend on student (Net Banking, Debit/Credit card, and e-Challan)
GATE 2017 Admit Card
Candidates can download the admit cards from the official site.
As per the sources, the admit card will be uploaded online from 2ndweek of December 2016.
In order to get it, you need to login to GOAPS by entering your enrollment ID and your valid email address.
The admit cards are important to be downloaded on time as it consist important details such as roll number, name of the candidate, examination centre and examination schedule.
Candidates need to bring GATE Admit card with a valid Photo ID proof in order to enter the examination hall.
Important Dates for GATE 2017
GATE 2017 Notification availability- August 2016
Online application process starts from- September 2016
Last date to apply- October 2016
The examination will be conducted as Computer Based Test.
There will be total 22 papers in GATE.
The examination will be conducted online.
There will be total 65 questions in the GATE. The examination will be of total 100 marks.
55 questions will be based on the core subjects and engineering mathematics. These 55 questions will be of total 85 marks and rest 10 questions will be of total 15 marks.
The examination will be divided into two parts:
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
These type of questions will be of total 1 or 2 marks. Each question will have four options and out of them you have to choose the correct.
Numerical Answer Questions
These types of questions will be of 1 or 2 marks. Candidates need to answer by using the virtual keypad.
There will be no options provided for this section.
Note- Given details are tentative, final schedule will be updated after release official notice for GATE 2017.